View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 11:04 PM   #8
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

this was one helluva battle. awesome verse by both.

diablo
Quote:
The cowering criminal snaps his replicated empty statement;
a towering visual of stencils painted against an ageing
centre space with weather staining
the was fuckin bananas, no pun intended. if one was to look for end-rhyme i think they'd miss the ongoing thread of the scheme. i love shit like that and can never seem to pull it off.

Quote:
The emanating pastoral green sash daubed between them
masks all beneath it, painting over the cracks.
By taking closer examination you’ll notice the hands
are overly caricatured for the motif in maxim,
the descriptive language here was impeccable. technically, it was insane, but more than that, you brought attention to the picture itself with minor strokes like "notice the hands are overly caricatured". way to manipulate readers to glance at the picture lulz, furthermore drawing us into the concept of the verse, which is a rather straight forward examination of the maxim itself. simplistic in its idea but beautifully complex in its execution. i really enjoy this verse my man.

mr j,
the flow was super smooth man. i love the concept. you blended the meet market visual with a well constructed peripheral of our manufactured culture (image, ideas, news etc) the subtlety was really cool here.
Quote:
its all in the detail, without the presentation we fail.
let the others retell, their extended cold cuts mean well.
once you trim the fat on a fresh cut, the fresh meat sells
awesome.

this was a super hard battle to call man. diablo came with a dope dissertation on interpretations, with an almost academic level deconstruction of the picture and to an extent the artist. mr j gave a super creative metaphor about our seemingly manufactured society, where the meat of the matter is often...processed. on the real i can't really call this. i know that its pussy shit but i'm gonna have to call it a draw. i can't pick a winner, but more importantly, i can't pick a loser yo