View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
for sure. if its easier i'd just look into something like acorns, granted its linked to your bank account you already have, but you have to go into it and physically move it back to your bank account. they are beginning to sell debit cards but i don't even want one.

i was using paypal for that purpose for awhile, the problem i had though is i use my paypal to buy stuff so i'd dip into it too frequently.

acorns and apps like it you can set it up so you automatically pay into it weekly/biweekly/monthly, and it automatically rounds up change. i have it set X2. so if i buy something for 1.01. it puts .99 X 2 into it. its been adding up. basically anytime i use my debit card, which is all i ever use. even atm transactions. and you can also make one time deposits. so i have it set for 20 bucks a week, i end up depositing 20 in spare change without noticing on top of that, and throw in 100 every couple weeks or so

and i refuse to look at my balance. if i do i'll end up probably moving it back to my bank and spending it lol. im assuming its only around 1000 i havent used it for long.

but with acorns it also invests it for you, you pick aggressive (more stock heavy) to conservative (more bond heavy) but outside of that you can't invest in actual stocks yourself, just portfolios. so its basically just a savings account but with better returns than most banks interest
Will research this right meow.