- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Thought this was cool. Piano part was dope. Is that you on guitar?

Either way this was cool
Nah, that was in the original sample, but I appreciate the listen boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yea i dug that sharp, the main section, i dunno something is a bit off with the little bit at the end of the bars though, like the little 2 note dee duh. it works but isn't perfect. but i dug that main piano chops

as far as the drum sounds they're a little clean for my liking where as the sample is grittyish as far as the vibe, maybe not sonically. if that makes sense. like the little hat/shaker you bring in the pattern is solid and keeps it moving and is right, but the sound itself doesn't mesh well sonically, same with the kick, i fuck with the snare though. the kick ain't BAD. but i think what finny is saying with maybe muddying it up is just thickening it. layer in a fatter dirty kick with it. so you keep the punch of it but get more of a low end frequency off it. it'll help it sit in the sample better to, as opposed to being on top of it. because its mixed low enough, but it doesn't blend and feel apart of it

but again im nitpicking to nitpick for the constructive value

also the click you hear between chops can be eliminated by chopping closer to "zero"

like when looking at the wave form of the audio, where you begin and end the chop, if you zoom in as much as possible, not sure what you chop with but if you use edison you can zoom far enough in, just try and start each chop with the wave form being at the middle line/zero.

i think the fl slicer does it automatically but you don't pick your chops, also if your chops are cutting eachother off, like you aint measuring them out and time stretching, but just triggering them like stabs, if you cut each chop by themselves, so that when you trigger one the other one stops playing immediately, that won't click either.

but yea WORDS ain't the same as like showing some shit

since i've been bored of beats i've been thinking of just screen recording some fucking around in FL. if i do i'll up it so you can see some shit i do to maybe catch ideas to add to the workflow
Appreciate it sensei. Believe it or not, this is the 'grittier' set of drums I used lol. I'll really focus on the 0 thing, I normally do zoom in but this time I just didn't feel like it cause I'm a bitch

If you end up making that recording, I'd watch for sure
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote