- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
Well put. I also love movies and am the type to use the word film when describing them. It’s an obvious form of art. The subject matter you deal in I think says more about your subversive personality, I’d assume.
I watch/collect a lot of transgressive cinema. I like that it challenges societal norms or morals. It’s edgy. It could be a films title having an explenative in there like Dog Dick. It could be the artwork (there’s a movie where the case is a mold of the directors wifes vagina) or the film itself. Lots of directors won’t kill a child on screen. A lot won’t push the envelope so far as to show a rape scene or an abortion or any kind of aroused penis and so forth. I like the idea of constantly challenging these values. Pushing things that bit further. Challenge people’s perceptions and preconceived ideas. Shock people. Do things that haven’t been done or weren’t imaginable. There’s been transgressive cinema for YEARS that’s constantly changed what is “acceptable”.

I like that the movies aren’t all wrapped up in a neat bow and finished with The End. I like the bad guy to win. I like that there isn’t always a happy ever after.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote