Thread: Politics!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #152
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
@Batty

yeah I was arrogant at the beginning on purpose.
i'm pretty cynical about politics as you can tell, so I bragging about being right is really all I have to latch on to.

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.
In my analysis I put 2 and 2 together (very high black unemployment + many new hires = because african americans were a large pool of people seeking work).

I did not know that your workplace was majority minority...
I guess my main point to you would be, you are living in anomalous workplace. Those are just the facts. Your anecdotes however true really do not reflect the nation in general.. and the white disadvantaged thing doesn't really hold up to scrutiny.
I'm sure if cops harassed and killed unarmed whites as often as blacks (or, actually many times more if we're taking into account population%), there would be some white Reverends preaching for racial justice while also strutting in the spotlight and lining their pockets.
But that's just not the case.

Word, respects Pharaoh.

As for my anecdotes, pls look at what I said when I said them...

Quote:
Well, tbh Diode, I'm more inclined to trust what I see firsthand over some skewed stats from some biased source. I'm not one to think what I "see personally" is the same across the board, but yo, I think locally before globally because what is local effects me the most.
It doesn't mean that I dismiss statistics, but if I'm in Alaska, the fact that it is hot as hell in California doesn't concern me.

As for the police, again, yes racial profiling is an issue and yes I'm just as FUCK THE POLICE as the next guy, but our Police Chief is black and so is our mayor lololololololololololololololol
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote