Thread: Politics!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #150
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
@Sharp&others

Pretty much nothing short of a miracle can bring back blue collar manufacturing jobs that have been outsourced... and probably can't even stop or slow further outsourcing.

Trump is selling a bill of goods.. and that's all it really is.
Things that sound good, with no real plan, other than "I'm a good negotiator, I'll call the CEO and tell him don't outsource or you'll pay you bastard".
Trust me, trust me, you're gonna be so proud.

This can actually be said about any politician who claims to be able to stop or reverse outsourcing.. Trump just does it in a more shamelessly vaccuous way.

The fact is globalization, technology, and corporation-friendly trade deals have killed traditional bluecollar manufacturing in the states.

UNLESS MALAYSIAN SWEATSHOP WORKERS START MAKING 8+ U.S. DOLLARS PER HOUR, outsourcing will continue. To say nothing of laxer (is that word?) laxer environmental&labor regulations in the 3rd world and the developing countries.

Even if zero jobs were outsourced, domestic technology&machines have been replacing jobs that have in the past been human.
And herein lies the rub.

The rubes blame the foreign workers and immigrants for accepting the work.

The smarts blame the corporations for their greed and disloyalty.