View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

I saw this interview bit, I don't remember who it was, my memory tells me it might have been Jim Carrey but it might have been someone else, idk. Either way it was someone way up there that did stand up for a little while when he was rather unknown. He had a mental breakdown on stage, heckled the fuck out of the crowd and ended it all with a rather sarcastic song on the piano to sweet tune of people leaving and booing like hell, the other stand up comedians etc. waiting in line to do their 20 min part or whatever didn't even say, intervene or complain because they knew what was going on. ''Oh, it's one of those days'' sort of thing. The comedian did get a standing ovation from 3 people telling him he's a God for doing what he just did tho, lol.

I don't think the link between mental health being rather bad and stand up comedians is a far fetched thought, at least not for a lot of them. Humor for a lot of people is a way to cope and being able to pick apart tough topics like some of them do (Bill Burr, Sagan, Reggie Watts, Bo Burnham, Carlin etc.) is usually shit you can only do if you've been through them and know exactly which buttons to press to find the balance between humor and reality to mix them both into a cocktail where the subject matter is the punchline while maintaining a certain respect and understanding to those that deals with them. That balance is super hard to get right unless you know exactly what you're talking about, same thing goes for society and how you process its issues.

It's not weird to me that a show about the jesters life is cringeworthy and sad. Going to check it out some time, sounds interesting.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote