Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #7
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i feel like too much time has gone by since i read this and i've already been cleansing my brain of it

but its safe to say this was not an enjoyable read for me. on multiple fronts. the first front being the letter format itself, just came off as the ramblings of some dude to me, and that dude being someone who's posts i would skim over and articles i would skip. the second front being just its not something i would read in the sense that it wasn't entertaining nonsense. it had a point and a message. so even if its point and message aligned with something more palatable to my tastes i wouldn't read it. but, it was short. i think i got through it in 6 shit sessions, combined with a few nights prior to bed falling asleep reading a chunk here and there type sessions.

so the book itself, i found it strange that in one breath he speaks to how race is made up, black people aren't black and white people aren't white, they just label themselves so, but then for the majority of the book he seperates himself into the "black race", but its his perspective coming up in this world so its whatever. the things i found annoying were things i could see well to do white people holding there bleeding hearts for, like oh when he was a kid he seen a kid brandish a firearm! my little johnathan doesn't have to worry about that in suburbia. oh everyone is terrified in the hood, blah blah you get it.

my main problem commiserating is being a dirt person myself, i seen guns brandished as a kid, my neighborhood would fight kids from other neighborhoods, we were little vandals and hooligans, of all races and creeds. when we went around slashing tires and breaking into cars to steal change to buy a blunts worth of weed, we weren't scared misguided children. IT WAS FUN. when the homie jerrel made a home made bomb out of a two liter bottle, toilet bowl cleaner, and aluminum foil to blow up raeshawn's trash can, it wasn't because he was scared, it was because we were just unsupervised youths having fun with nothing to do.

i can't connect on an inner city, segregated level though, but coming up poor as shit around a diverse poor crowd in a failed steel town, to me alot of what is attributed to being fearful, just trying to survive and sell drugs to buy jordans and be fly, getting into fights, so YOU WOULDN'T have to get into fights, just people knowing like yo you hear so and so beat the shit out of so and so, etc. i attribute all that to just being poor, and hip hop culture really. and alot of human nature

so while i went off on a tangent, its just hard for me personally to commiserate with the woe is me black people are victims logic that the left loves, and this book is full of.

oh then he goes to howard university and goes on a search of black histories only to find they aren't there. but goes on tangents about all the garbage he read from black authors, im surprised he didn't mention a black cleopatra. but again that is my own disgust at all this liberal swill shining through. i will credit him for actually pointing to the dynasty of pharoahs that WERE actually black, and not assigning all pharaohs as black, as most of these black scholars try to push

but yea my main problem with it is just the narrative he is pushing on his son that he is a victim. hey son, you got it better than me and here is why, but just remember your A BLACK MAN IN A WORLD OUT TO GET YOU.

stfu

0.5/10