- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

when u count Scotch as mouthwash ur in trouble yo
bein’ three sheets to the wind ain’t cool faggot, that ship sailed longgg ago

Okay, apparently Zelph is too stupid to know that "three sheets to the wind" is a term to describe being drunk? Okay. What has three sheets/sails to the wind? A SHIP! Holy mother of god, so difficult to catch the line. The line itself isn't difficult to get, it's simple, it's direct, and it's creative enough to not have been done a hundread times over like crack/asscrack/smack wordplay has been. It's all relevant and applicable to the opponent. It's a line tailored directly to the competition and not just some concept fudged from a previous round in the tourney. This is how it's done. It's executed somewhat comedic, it's lighthearted but sets the tone and does the job it was meant to do. Fun, original, relevant and to the point.

can’t stand u drunk or sober, findin’ weed I forgot only adds to the fun
it was Movember last time you had ur ‘stash last you the month

The "'stache/stash play has been used before, no doubt, but this one has the fresh spin on it referring to the stash of beers the alcoholic would hide. It also ties in the Movember thing of growing a moustache for a month which has never been done before, to my knowledge. It's a fresh take. It's directed at the opponent themselves. it's relevant. It's current (The month of November had only just finished). You really can't refute it, this is nice. I don't see how anyone can doubt otherwise.

im catchin’ a buzz, ur catchin’ a bus to work & gettin’ taxed
if eyes r the windows to the soul then its fittin’ u look permanently smashed

LOL setup is fire. Punchline is worded absolutely dope, the permanently smashed is obviously a reference to the drunkards and their eyes. They look SMASHED. What isn't there to get about it? Jesus christ. It's simple, it's direct, it's effective and it's worded better than anything Ryno could butcher. This is prob LOTB to me. I don't care what you schmucks think. You're idiots if you don't see that's fire. I don't know what to tell you. Flames.

ur a worthless piece of trash, type to sell ur own kids for a jar
ur only a stay at home dad because its cheaper than buyin’ drinks at the bar

LOL I guess people didn't find this as funny as me, I personally loved it. I was saying he stays at home drinking because it's cheaper than heading to the bar, making him a drunken deadbeat dad who only chose to spend time drinking at home when he was meant to be minding his kids because it was cheaper, otherwise he wouldn't be home. I think it's nice, not as well worded as the line previous, but I fucked with it and felt this one was creative and original even if it didn't get the lulz I felt it deserved. It's still good.

pissed as a fart, but gettin’ wasted alone’s for losers & deadweights
even Clark Kent’s heart leapt at how u turned to a booth for an S-cape

Fire. Dope concept, well worded, applicable personal directed at the opponent directly - this is what you all need to be aspiring for. It's creative, it's original, it doesn't just read like some paint by numbers text shit with overused played wordplay that has no tie-in to the rest of the line. It's a bit out of the box. It's not your low hanging fruit of text where you use the first things that come to mind for concepts.. you can tell it's been mulled over until a more obscure concept has come to mind and been worked for. It works like a charm. Completely original.

fuck u and ur headspace where #BlackLiversMatter be soundin’ viral
that ‘casque-aided inner vicious cycle’ that lead to ur downward spiral

Yoooooooooo this was probably one that went overheads so I'm gonna get in to it real quick. The set up is fire. #BlackLiversMatter because alcoholics get blackened livers from drinking, but thats just the setup... Alcohol gets stored in a casque. It ferments. It's brewed. Get it? That "casque-aided inner vicious cycle/ Cascaded in a vicious cycle." that lead to ur DOWNWARD SPIRAL. CASCADED. IN A VICIOUS CYCLE. that lead to your DOWNWARD SPIRAL. Picture a cascading circular cycle... it would form a downward spiral effect.FUCKING HELL, THAT IS LEGIT 100% MORE CREATIVE THAN ANYTHING RYNO DROPPED. It's pure fire. Slept on heavily by you guys, tbh. You missed out on that. It's dope.

this round it’s final, im off work w/ a golden handshake thrown in for measure
ur Golden Handshake consist of onset jaundice and uncontrollable tremors

LOL so apparently Zelph thinks this has nothing to do with alcoholism? He must be dumb as fuck not to realise alcoholism leads to jaundice which turns their skin yellow. And alcoholics get the shakes in their hands. A golden handshake you could say if you actually had a brain that could associate the similarities between the term and an alcoholic. It absolutely applies to the opponent, it's creative, it's fresh, it's not been done before. The same things I value more than tired overdone wordplays and basic concepts that anyone can come up with. I find an angle and I work it, I don't go for the kind of boring shit everyone else can think up, I like to keep it 100% fresh as fuck.

if we grab a cold one together, it’s only cuz I’m tryna dead you in a flash
see ur ‘MT’s a Mount the world over’ only til i wipe this legend off the map

This one was probably slept on also, it was a difficult one to word, but the actual idea was dope. "empties amount the world over" as in empty bottles BECAUSE HE'S AN ALCOHOLIC DAMMIT. The thing with this one is also to do with Mount's like Rushmore and Everest being abbreviated down to "Mt. Rushmore, Mt. Everest" etc. So lets look at it again... "Your Mt's a Mount the world over" GET IT NOW? an Mt is a Mount all over the world... until i wipe this legend off the map. The legend is the part at the bottom of the map to describe what the abbreviates used mean etc

It's another dope idea, creative, aimed at the opponent, maybe too clever in truth. It probably proved too hard to word for ppl to get it entirely. It's definitely good and goes beyond the thought process Ryno's stuff did. You had to think about this.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote