View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #298
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
You don’t think actively attempting to love yourself can easily turn into a journey towards self importance and an equally toxic alter ego?

I feel like to go down that path i would have to someone become ignorant to myself? If that makes sense. Doesn’t seem healthier
id say that you haven't truly grasped the concept of true love

that may be part of whats holding you back though...its not something that can be legitimately conceptualized without actualization

I think yes.....if you misinterpret what love is and then attempt to chase it with an idea of solely benefitting yourself then you would run the risk of narcissism and a toxic inflated ego

but don't delude yourself into thinking that ignorance is bliss and severing portions of yourself would help you love yourself fully.........by definition this is flawed logic

self awareness is the first step towards loving yourself completely and entirely. We need to be able to recognize our flaws and sacrifice our ego.... the ego wants us to think we need to be perfect in order to be something worth loving.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote