View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #5
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Suth - Dead at the finish though. This was a cool read for the simple fact that you actually narrated the photo. Which is cool to me because I usually try and out think myself while formulating a concept and often times miss the mark because of that. You had some things worded awkwordly, which in turn sort of jumbled up the flow. Example "She not knows the day" & "as tragic peaks" to name a couple. But then had lines that flowed seemlessly such as "Stoned. Stiff. Can't step aside. Medusa glare, she's petrified". All in all, this was a fun story, but given the topic, I'm not a fan at all of the topic, but given what you had to work with, I commend you. Solid narration and the flare at the end gave this verse a little color as well. Solid read my man,

Sharp - LOL @ the Barcotic reference again, not sure of why you both decided to play on that, but nonetheless its hilarious. Your verse almost read as a homagé to Barc as well. You mentioned the age multiple times while also almost complementing the past he had, which is obviously undeniable. I do feel like you strayed from the topic a bit, but also feel like you the writing on the surface was superior in terms of mechanics. Tough vote for that reason

vote: So, I enjoyed the humor in both reads, I think if a more serious read, like the ones I typically write, faced off against either of these you would have won off the humor alone. Alas, you both had eerily similar takes in that manor. As far as execution, it's almost a wash as well. IMO sharp had the cleaner written verse, but missed the mark slightly as far as topic goes. Meanwhile Suth's read was a bit more clunky Ie. "shore and Ashore" placed in the same bar sounds nice, but it's kind of like repeating the same word IMO.

Fuck this is a close call. I'll give a quick read again each and vote based off that snap judgment because IMPO this is super even.

Dope battle. On my final read I picked up on suthveli's multis more and appreciated them, but still felt the wording was predicated on that alone, though he still told a fluid story. Meanwhile sharp had a rather remedial parts but was far more poetic, which usually plays into my likes, however, although Suth was a bit clunky at times, I thought is execution was not only still on par, but also added a certain degree of difficulty given multis as well as telling a story

V/ Suthveli in a very close bout IMO

Good to have new blood sir
And nice to read something from Sharp, I miss that poetical style broseph, I hope you boys stick around so I can thrash you

TUPAC SHAKUR