View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #69
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Critic View Post
the last two books I read were by those authors lol....I didn't feel highly intelligent in doing so though? they read pretty smooth>?

fucking jung that's the shit that had me reading shit over a dozen times

whats the 5th agreement tho ...put me on
lmao their shit is smooth but it's dense with existential ideas that people project onto the book and pull out of their assholes...imo

Jung is kewl I was listening to robert moore audios and he talks about how jung's greatest contribution in his opinion was the discovery and acceptance of the shadow self as an energy in the psyche which can be transformed/channeled into productive energies in various ways (ie. generative contribution to society, Acceptance of aggression morphed into your ability to will)

The fifth agreement is a practical spiritual contract with the self which is pretty much common sense but never practiced. It's doubting the maya or illusion of symbols swirling around in other people's heads, as well as doubting the symbols in your own head. By doing this you stay connected to the one truth which is that we all emanate from one source of reality which is, he says, grounded in pure consciousness which is pure perfection/love/potential. Doing this in conjunction with the other four agreements (impeccability of the word, not making assumptions, not taking things personally, always try your best) leads you into a mental state of heaven on earth, which is a discipline and a perpetual choice in the present moment (time doesn't exist). By going against these 5 agreements, you are acting from fear instead of love, and confusion in your attempt to reconcile contradictory themes which inevitably occur when your view of life is contingent upon an interpretation of symbols and words that were hoisted upon you as a young human being. It is only through breaking these false agreements and stepping into an ever present communion with the 5 agreements, according to toltec wizdom, that you can set yourself free. One aspect of this is that all of your energy goes into maintaining these myriad contradictory agreements and it takes all your mental energy to hold these false agreements together. Once you start breaking the agreements, power that was given to the false agreements returns to you so that you can become a more powerful creator and contributor to the world. It's basically saying always doubt your opinions and the opinions of others, and you will automatically sense the truth of every situation via intuition, by not thinking about it. Of course intellect still has its purpose; we wouldn't be able to communicate with each other had we not concocted symbols and languages to communicate but all the symbols and their meaning to us is pretty much false opinion created by accepting other's views a long time ago. Therefore We create our own illusions, but we can create an illusion of heaven or an illusion of hell...imho.