View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 11:39 PM   #172
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
I tried to read this shit last year and just couldn't handle it.... too cringe for me......I guess mostly because I couldn't relate....but I agree there is some merit in the emasculation of men in this current generation

I'm currently reading CONSUMED which talks about consumerism infantalizing our youth and adults which has alot to do with the emasculation of men and also coincides with the notion of their not being a modern right of passage to manhood for men these days

Also listening to Jordan Peterson's lecture series on biblical psychological metaphors and his other lecture series about personalities and their transformation
I watched 15/20 of the personalities and their transformation series so far. I might peep consumed but I think emasculation has to do more with the lack of wise male eldering today (like what Robert Moore hints at in his utube videos and books) moreso than any sort of consumerism infantilizing the youth. Consumerism, some sort of bartering or trade has always existed pretty constantly throughout recent history, even in the pre 50s era when we had more masculine men. To be honest though I haven't consumed "Consume" yet and therefore I might have to watch and see if it has any good points before talking. However imo wise male eldering has decreased partly due to the feminine imperative which naturally followed the creation of birth control which led to the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s. The key is, and always has been, older male elders guiding younger males with wisdom and stability, I think with the shifting landscape we had a couple lost generations here so to speak that acted more bitch made on the male side of things than previously in history. That pick up artist lingo and tonality the rational male, that side of it can get cringeworthy, especially when he says things like I'm at least a "lesser alpha male" then in his youtube videos he's acting at times sort of like a soft cuck literally in a 17 year marriage. Despite this and the numerous grammatical and spelling errors in the pdf version I read I think there is something very salient about an outburst of feminine desire for control over power and mate selection after so many years of being cast as housewives with limited access to jobs and dick. This "feminine imperative", ofcourse in conjunction with other phenomena such as postmodernism and maybe consumerism among other things is emasculating young men. IMHO