View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Soulstice: First of all, having now read quite a numerous of your pieces, I think you went a different route this time. Albeit, you still chose to deliver your story with the refinement that comes whenever Soulstice writes a piece. And I have to say, you are one of the best story-tellers in the site, mostly because of your attention to detail, and ability to depict it, while still carrying out the narrative, something I struggle with at times. But, you excel in it. Sometimes, you stories get so much into the details, that they become lackluster. and though their sustenance is there to feed the reader, sometimes it is less nourishing and impactful. This was the case here. Nevertheless, it was well-written, but I did not feel it had the pizazz that lured me in. Although, I did like the take. Mythological, and fable-like.

Pent Up: Undoubtedly the best verse I've read from you. Excellent take on the topic. The different dimensions was an excellent angle. Honestly, when your topic was posted, I also thought of that approach. But, I did not think about to the extent that you did. Yours was multi-dimensional and atomically expansive. I thought the piece was incredible, but I do think there are some things you could improve about it if you were to try to refine it. I thought the second dimension stanza was the worst, and could be re-written, I did not think it captured the essence of each dimension as the others did. I also thought the third dimension, some of the ephemeral bits were uninspired and not as impactful as they could be, seeing that is the dimension that we call our abode. I enjoyed the elements of neuroscience, the link between the functions of eye movements and the correlative advances in perception of the brain, as well as having a part in its evolution. But, then you added our conundrum in the last stanza. Splendid.

vote: Pent Up

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 06-14-2015 at 05:36 PM.