View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #9
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

Vulgar

First off, appreciate you stepping in so PA had a battle this week, solid. As for your verse, also solid. The pacing of the story's development was on point, and the way you flipped the picture in your subject and closed it off with the "philosophical high-horse" so to speak all point to why you've been consistently one of NC's top writers for years. Great to see that you're still here doing it.

PA

I remember you from back in the day, so first things first. You've really improved as a writer. I thought this piece was quite good, it's not always easy to write conversation into a piece and make it feel natural, it's a real challenge. I felt like you did a good job with it. Your take on the pic was good, and while it's not something I can personally relate to, I have many friends who've lived through this situation, and from your verse it seems like you know something about it too. The only thing I'd critique is the way your verse just ended, it felt like you could have done something more to wrap it all up.

Both of you did your thing here, but I think Vulgar's more polished writing abilities tipped this in his favour. Props to both.

v/ Vulgar