View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #50
Concrete

Battle Record: 5-0

Concrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
i've heard that vinnie paz song before... never saw the video

but yeah some white rappers are good... atmosphere... aesop rock and those dudes, but other than 'hip hop heads' they aren't known or respected. They have their own lane or did at one point and go with it. I listened to all that shit, but growing up people who I was around would be like wtf is that. I heard about it on here.. no one I knew listened to it and when i'd play it they'd be like nahh.

But regaurdless I think white rappers don't have it too easy, you could say Em.. but he was an exception, and a lot of the dudes I grew up with and stuff wasnt even listening to eminem at all. I did, but I was an exception.

So yeah the truth is white rappers have a hard road unless they get like a niche market or whatever like atmosphere/aesop/brother ali... or some total weird niche shit like ICP or something.

Although back in the day who was the main buyers of rap music, it was middle class to upper middle class white people buying CD's. And they don't want to see someone who looks like them... they want to see/hear something they aren't used to hearing, some ghetto black dude or at least someone pretending to be a ghetto black dude.
There's much truth here, as cd buying norwegian kid I can confirm. Aside from the fact that rap was exotic in lack of a better word the other music categories wasnt saying anything, we needed something different from all the bullshit love ballads that plagued the radio. I got into rap because it was explicit and unapologetic.

That being said I like white rappers like the old 3rd Bass and the later underground stuff.

This being one of my favorite white rap tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4Y-NJsi3s
Concrete is offline   Reply With Quote