View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #81
Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Taze the motherfucker then. Don't tell me they ain't effective.

And your assumptions are wrong. I've been charged at with a knife before, a metal pipe once, been jumped and all that shit. Adrenaline pumps, natural instincts kick in for sure. I've never had a gun on me though. If I had I'd probably shoot the dude, but that's mainly because I'm not trained for situations like these. That's what cops are supposed to be for, assess the situation and handle it in the best possible way. Going for the gun and drop someone dead isn't handling it in the best possible way, tazing the fucker or shoot someone in the legs or something is. The first course of action shouldn't be to kill someone.

It's the officers duty to serve and protect all citizens, the court should stand for the rest unless there's a viable reason to do something else. In this situation it could have been handled WAY better. Had he charged at the guy for real I'd understand the shots being fired, but yo, he's barely moving back'n'forth. I'd go backwards, behind the police car or something and aim at the fucker and yell at people to move the fuck away. It would definitely have given enough time for the rest of the cops to arrive as they weren't that far behind.

I guess you disagree, so we'll just have to agree on having different views. I think this could have been handled better, you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
lol I love how the narrative has become "he charged them with a knife!" no, he didn't. Even if he did, @Paradox (sorry about that killer dachshund line btw, couldn't resist), the PO's should have maintained a better distance. anyway, done with this discussion. It's an important one to have though.
sorry guys, i watched the video, i wrote that before watching. defs shouldve been tasered and not shot. i mean his top speed there was a brisk walk. lol murika!