Thread: poet
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yea i use the mousewheel too, 11 zooms with it as well, but not while you have a click engaged.

im shitty at explanations. i zoom way in with the mousewheel, click where i want a chop to start, hold it and move the mouse right to highlight/drag a selection area. in 8, i could zoom out while having the click engaged and dragging the selection, know what i mean? so i never let go of the click while zooming in/out and dragging. but this isn't letting me zoom out or in while dragging until i let go of the click.

maybe i should get 10?

i remember there being a reason i never moved from 8 though, i thought it was something to do about looping the playback selection but it has those options, i'm guessing this is why i never upgraded

edit- so basically i could highlight/select a much bigger area quickly because i could zoom out while highlighting.
I think I remember seeing one of your Cam vids doing that and thinking that wasn't how I do it.

I zoom way in and hit M to leave a marker then let it play and hit M again to set up a loop. Then double click it to highlight it and hit R for region. When I get all that I want I extract the regions, which I have set up to send them to a folder that opens automatically in my Maschine software.