View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #18
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Lars - Enjoy the fluid progression of the piece. Easy to understand what you're going at. Abit lackluster in term of rhymes from time to time though, still/killed & had/adapt respectively being among the examples of basicly being lazy, I mean, it sounds okay but has an off-feeling to it. I feel this improves along with the rhymescheme as the piece goes on in the second half tho'. Also feel like there's places where you could have added/removed a syllable or something to improve the flow, but this kinda relies on accent etc. so I might be ''off'' when it comes to that, but let's look at this example:

Now we’re usurping the planet of its natural resources
preserving our habitats not a matter of importance.
^ By removing ''its'' from the first line I think it would have flowed better tbh.

Overall I love the concept, the piece is pretty solid in terms of the shit you're saying and I enjoyed the read quite a bit. The word choices, the build up of sentences was pretty smooth and clever. Well done.

Dead man - Yet again you start off well by engaging the reader into something that questions the piece on what you're about in a quasi understandable yet interesting way. I feel as if this piece is fueled with straight forward and creative metaphores (like the four twin brothers being the elements) with a fluid easy-to-read flow. The only weakness is that sometimes the metas can be abit of an overkill, but you manage to pull it off either way. I didn't really like the repetition of the water-lines, everythings water, I get it, felt like it'd be enough with one line. That's extreme nitpicking and purely biased on personal opinion, so don't take that for anything else.

Overall I really enjoyed this piece. I liked the story of ''your dad'' being this mythological creature as the king of the sea and how his hands (the picture) is holding the seed. Definitely enjoyed the story as a whole. Well done.

Vote - Both did a pretty good job, but I feel Dead Man gets it on the flow and a creative approach along with a slightly higher level on the metas and similies. Lars definitely had a creative approach as well which I loved and I feel they might be equal when it comes that, and I definitely enjoyed his verse as well, but overall in terms of execution and finesse Dead Man snatches my vote. Definitely a great worthy of championship battle, dope shit guys.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 03-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.