- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Jordan Peterson, while I don't know a lot about him, I saw a few clips and he does seem like the typical "thought leader" that speaks to something relevant in the news or our culture.

The last book I read was by former U.S. Civil Rights Commission chairman Mary Frances Berry who's also a historian and wrote a recent book for Beacon Press that's coming out in March entitled "History Teaches Us To Resist" and it's a history of social protest movements from the FDR administration to the Bush administration. Pretty well researched stuff, and the author was involved in nearly every major protest movement too, from marching with Coretta Scott King to the Free South Africa movement and via Wikipedia: "In 1984, Berry co-founded the Free South Africa Movement, dedicated to the abolition of apartheid in South Africa. She was one of three prominent Americans arrested at the South African Embassy in Washington the day before Thanksgiving; the timing was deliberate to ensure maximum news exposure."

I also recently skimmed through (didn't read fully) Through the Day, through the Night: A Flemish Belgian Boyhood and World War by Jan Vansina who was one of the major anthropologists of the last century, who was a polymath and apparently could speak like 15 languages - someone who was a PhD student under him told me he literally knew everything.

The next book I want to read is The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein. But we'll see what happens, I've been busy with work lately.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote