View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 02:41 AM   #10
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

This match was spectacular. Both dazzled the writer with imagery, great rhyme schemes, and both had a very lucid "destination" as the reader embarked on that journey. A voyage of dissecting the topic, and reflecting upon the contents made alive by the mind that composed these words together.

Soulstice piece is without question the better narrative of the two. There's this narrator chronicling the story of beauty, but also one where conflict is arising due to habitualization. The same scenery is becoming cumbersome and in a more physiological level more tiresome on what is called the human soul. The dreamt of a carnal replacement speaks upon this. It seems the story entails a romantic adventure of a captain and his mistress journeying for the sake of discovering the mystery of the deep blue sea. Alas, tragedy strikes perhaps due to an already physical bond distancing that was happening amongst the two. But, as the captain survives the breech he again is pulled back in, but this time by an alluring temptress aboard a ghost ship. Well, perhaps his other comrade of the lover type also was an apparition. I also enjoyed the usage of color to capture a feeling. However, also to be honest I felt the piece was sub par compared to the earlier work I seen of yours throughout the tournament. Reason being, is because although fluid, and well executed it wasn't as appealing to me this time around. And I have to admit, most of your other pieces are quite alluring.

Proceeding to Darth Yoda, I did not foresee this direction. I am impressed, and being that I appreciate the finer points in language this was a treat to read. Although, cynical in its representation of the evolutionary instinct to delineate from concord. Needless to say the language was eloquent, and the vocabulary was utilized without sacrificing the prophylactic effect of straight forwardness. Basically I felt you didn't overdo it. Of course I am an avid reader, and so others who may not have an appreciative love for archaic words may find some of the terminology as off putting. Also some of the lines felt redundant without any progressive movement toward closure, or better yet unraveling of the ideas that you are trying to convey. However, before I ramble on forever I have to admit this piece was more enticing. It gripped me, and had me more intrigued to comprehend the subtleties. It also was very much in your face with the language, and perhaps can be toned down just a tad more in order to achieve a more comprehensive wider audience relation to it. There are different body parts a piece targets. For example the mind, and the heart. If one just use the mental aspect of things then the finished product is one with intellectual rigor, but appears to be babbling to the common folk. One that reaches the heart may evoke strong feeling which is an universal response to certain stimulus and experiences. However, the heart approached only is usually quite underdeveloped in terms of how it engages the various aspects of the brain taking in into the realms of creativity, and the mind blowing proportions of being in awe when seeing through the mind's eye the connection of thematic archetypes piecing together uncovering truth. When both this approaches are linked together what arises is a harmonious symphony that reaches all orifices, and thus all possibility can take place.
To me this came down to entertainment factor.

Anyways, I shall deviate from the norm, and vote for Darth Yoda.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 10-09-2014 at 03:01 AM.