Old 04-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #7
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Honestly, for a champ match I expected more but it is what it is, don’t give a crap about the beats personally. This is a topical text tournament and I’m judging it by that solely.

Hal0 this was a lot less refined than what you’ve brought thus far this season, there were still glimmers of dope imagery. But the story was all over the place, I liked the references to the trees and woodland scapes, BUT they kind of felt forced in places like you were just saying them to say them. But like I said there was some redeeming stuff you’re way ahead of where you used to be and I really respect the growth you’ve had just this season alone.

“ The day it snowed wingless angels gathered under weeping willows
squealing like crows when halos are lost among the shadows breach
celestial ground is found broken like a bottle on a shallow beach
exposing a bottomless depth abyss falls as I gather speed
A small piece of your soul that's left immersed in fractal sheets”

Favorite bit. Appreciate the vocabulary.

Symetrik:
Honestly enjoyed your entry vs Diablo much more than this. There was a poetic nature about it, it envoked imagery. This story on the other hand was very linear and tbh just not very compelling, no matter how relatable it was. For the final I just expected more of a grandiose approach. Especially after you escaped that first round with Lars and somehow found yourself in the champ match, I just expected a tad bit more fire, but it never came.

All in all, I feel like this was a very flawed champ match (kind of a suitable cap for a very disappointing season) Hal0 wasn’t as coherent as I would have liked him to be, and Symetrik was much too simple. I’ve got Hal0 here because he had the more compelling piece and though he didn’t craft a masterpiece he still had some good stuff in here

V/Hal0