View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

I've read this verses a couple of times and I still can't decide. It's very evenly matched.

In many ways, NYC is the stronger writer. One of the best here. It's hard to best NYC in the technical aspect. What I feel deciding factor here is the ending. Asylum ending was on point, I loved it. NYC's ending wasn't bad, but it wasn't what it could have been. I enjoyed both verses equally, and so it kinds of pains me to have to choose a victor. But, I think Asylum here is my choice. Mainly because there was a lot of emotive qualities, but also of humanity to it. Some of Asylum word choices were kind of strange to me "sucked and gurgled". Nevertheless, Asylum had the stronger entry, mainly because of how he brought not only completion to what he was trying to convey, but it also left me pondering and left me more fulfilled in the end.

Vote: Asylum