Old 09-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

props man

i gotta learn welding. im leaving a ton of money on the table since i can't weld at my job, and alot of the welding jobs are relatively simple, outside of like fabricating a piece for something you can't just buy. but the majority of the welding jobs are like a rocker panel, or a patch for a quarter panel or bedside of a truck for example. where i would just cut out the bad part, and then weld the good part on, grind it down etc.

they've offered me free hours to learn so i might start next week, my pops knows that shit so i can have him walk me through it. my boss, who is my age and knows literally nothing is fine with me just tinkering with the welder and shit unsupervised and im like, ehhh nah i'm good. im worried about catching shit on fire though.

not sure what your welding job is like but i'm assuming its factory type manufacturing welding? but when i do begin welding on actual cars and shit i gotta worry about a spark flying and catching the interior of something on fire, or when working on bedsides or quarters im right but the gastank/gas doors and shit. obviously we have blankets and shit you use to put inbetween stuff

but word i just have to get over my own fear of fucking up. because those welding jobs i have to pass over to the main body guy pay crazy hours and alot of the time are much quicker and simpler than fixing a mangled door or something.

i might have some QUESTIONS. once i begin tinkering with it for tips and shit. i think we just got a big mig welder i think? maybe tig i dont know one of those sounds right lol, but its just a cart that rolls around. i remember finding out that it actually has a wire and being like ohhh that makes sense. i used to think you just melted the metal that was already there, but its like a wire being fed out and melting to get the two metals to bond or whatever. thats how ignorant i am of the process