View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #20
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Text was born out of a lack of accessibility to recording and the novelty of pretending that you were/are some sort of rapper/lyricist. I was on a discord server recently that was populated by teenagers who liked Hip Hop, and their behavior reminded me a lot of old text sites, but they were mostly recording. They were awful. I mean really fucking bad, but they were talking about releasing a collaborative EP and artwork... lol... they were playing make believe. That’s how most rappers start off, honestly. Look at how Dre was in the early 80s. Shit is hilarious. Microphones are cheap and recording programs are easily accessible. The internet used to be anonymous. Kids today are much more social and comfortable with being online. It makes sense that they aren’t enthused by text alone.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote