View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #18
Alice

Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Finally got to read this more thoroughly. The title alone is already quite intriguing, and I appreciate the layered, overarching themes and tone of a certain, almost tangible voidness and rumination here. At least that's how I read it to a certain degree. As Self already stated, your lines usually carry a fascinating level of depth beyond the mere metaphorical value. The direct language you employ aids in creating a balance between the lines. I also enjoyed the recurring 'anatomy' references, to put it bluntly. The pineal reference was highly original and interesting in that aspect as well. 'Sense soaked in dew' and 'writing's cathartic' were one of my favourite parts. There was a subtle equilibrium of very powerful moments, such as the 'i'm actually leaving: in your hands, take my whole life' segment and some more prosaic tendencies, like the 'refuse to acknowledge' segment towards the end, which ultimately created the feeling and reality of depth. Schemes were unconventional. I enjoyed this.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote