Thread: Jay Z- 4:44
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #51
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

Shit was cool the first listen through. Energy left a little to be desired, sounded like he was trying not to wake up Blue in the next room on half them shits.

Got way doper on the second listen. I started to catch more shit in the lyrics. Definitely feel like this is a grower. But I love that it's so raw and honest. Even at risk of making himself look like an asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Pastor Reach Yeah View Post
I take it the album title has some form of relevance to the illuminati?

I know that the number 4 in the Bible is the number of creation. The number 3 (4 three times in this case) is the number of God. 6 is the number of man, and hence 666 is the number of man setting himself as a god. So my first thought was something along those lines.

444 however is also the calculated time of the number of days of Jesus' ministry. So that could also be relevant.

I might also be looking into it too much.
I heard that he literally just woke up one morning at 4:44 am, and that's when he wrote the song "4:44" and because he and beyonce have both always been so weird about the number 4, he saw it as a sign or some shit and thats why he named the album that. Even Blue Ivy's middle name comes from the roman numeral for four; IV.