View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:29 PM   #7
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Self - I liked this read. It had a somber feel to it given the content, sort of put me in a peacful trance almost. Flow was good, we went heavy multie and scattered 3-4 in each line or so. The flow never truly faltered, and given the amount of actual rhyme going on here, that is quite a feat in my eyes. I say the flow didn't falter as in end rhymes, but you did have to break up sentences between two lines to fit the patterens you wanted to. TO me, this is the easy way out. The challenge is actually finding the perfect schemes inside a structure, which you did, then would break structure in said lines in order to fit your flow. This is a small detail, but a detail none the less. Solid verse about a monk it seems, raised by a man a good man. Not much going on honestly, more scenery than concept. But solid read regardless.

Rude - This reminded me heavily of a TV show "Sparticus", it actually read like a direct transcript of what happened season one aside from the wives death. No matter. The read was cool, a bit long and dragged on near the middle. The flow was cool, but not as clean as your opponent. The story was cool though, not as much gore as I imagined there would be when I first saw the photo and given the begining of verse. You layered and scattered this verse with rhymes, which was cool, you even changed it up here and there, which was cool as well. When you do that you don't allow the reader to grow too stagnant, although, as I mentioned, eventuall I did grow weary of reading because this reall was much longer than most go for on this site. That's not a bad thing, it def can be, especially with the people like me who prefer to keep it around the 20 line limit. but regardless, this was a fun read.

v/ Activate self

Felt his story simply struck a nerve with me while his opponents gave me no real attatchment towards, that and his flow was better though they were both good.

TUPAC SHAKUR