View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 07:03 AM   #10
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Battle Record: 8-4

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future

Artifice- Nice internal monologue style piece from you man. You related to the picture perfectly and tied in some really good metaphors without it ever compromising the flor of the piece:

head on my desk, reflect on what's got me boxed in

ups & downs or in my case recesses and notches

years 7 to 9 spent trapped in the hell of my mind

tried to find a safe space & hope it'd fit
but these demons had me on edge & left broken to bits

& i'm often badgered just cuz my thoughts are scattered

Relating the picture to mental illness; an individual broken to pieces, unable to get his thoughts in order was a really cool take. Creative stuff. The rhyme scheme was strong too. Good work.

brokenhal0- A poetic take with a similar theme to Art's. A lot of obscure imagery in here which bore reading into a little deeper than a first take. The picture felt used as a reference point to the narrators state of mind;

the gift of this song is the puzzle portrays 1 gift for us all
and once complete the lines that divide dissolve into visions evolved

I like pieces about the evolution of self. Cool use of imagery and sophisticated use of vocab throughout the piece. Unusual structure helped this stand out too. Nice.

Vote- Artifice, felt he had a better connection to the picture. Enjoyed his imagery a little more. Good battle gents.