View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 12:37 AM   #6
DVS

DVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
i mean. I'm guilty of using it to describe negative outcomes. some, not all of my buddies use it in a jokingly insulting context but never literally about a homosexual person. south park's "F Word" pretty much sums up the vocabulary of "faggot" for me.

idk. i would likely never use the term w/ the few homosexual people i interact with on a social/professional level, unless we had a conversation beforehand about it. obviously out of respect for the power it can carry.

overall though i'd bet most people who are using the term among friends don't harbor any actual hatred towards gay people. but it's certainly got an ugly history.

musically, sure. we (as in my immediate circle) all listen to hip-hop pretty exclusively so there could be a correlation there. but it's not to blame for homophobia at large i don't think.

I Adont think it's to blame either but just an interesting conversation I had with a rapper tge other dsy who uses the word faggot like its going out of fashion and listens rappers who do also amd pondered the correlation and if that translates to real homophobia
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote