View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #7
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Longer version in mag

FUKKKKKKK is this a tough vote. Both of these verses had extreme high moments, neither had a very low spot in terms of execution, but one did however have a low light in terms of snide remarks. But all things aside, each of these verses were great works through and through. NYC penned a story that is quite literally as old as Jesus or at the very least ancient roman times. A classic in terms of content, but a negative in terms of execution due to the volatile content in which he decided to breakdown his competitor rather than execute a full fledged verse. I explain this better in the mag version, but basically you ventured off from the main goal because you had blood lust in a sense. Whereas Lars wrote a traditional topical, story to be exact, and did so while painting these vivid images using some rather dope similes sparced through out. Some very high caliber writing from both competitors, but low character from one. So While I do think NYC's story was better written, I think Lars had the actual better writing, though, simply less of it in terms of length. So while I weigh all of this together, in reading each verse something like 3-4 times a piece, I keep coming back to one simple downfall really. That is, negativity outweighs the postives if you will. I fully enjoyed each read, and wish NYC had left the fun aside and focused on the topical at hand rather his competitor, Because in the end, it cost him my vote. If it were just two topicals with no spite being forced down my throat, I do believe my vote would go the other way. But on each read, I began liking the hatred less and less while also appreciating the execution in individual lines of Lars more and more.

v/Lars

Battle of the tournament, not close, not up for debate.

TUPAC SHAKUR