Old 05-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

Charge it to the game.. I grabbed the G19, put the chrome back in the stash.
Trust, this murder’ll be a Capital One; I switched to the plastic for Cash.

Fresh angle on a cash flip and well executed, well-worded. All around dope 9.5/10

Got smoked on Prowlers in that triangle match.. nobody picked you.
Fuck a classic 3-way; you looked like the cuck in the corner w/ a handful of lotion & tissues.

This is funny and it's a good personal, the only caveat I have is is just that the general idea of equating a 3-way and a 3some is too played for this to be a full-on haymaker. 8/10

You’re Amish & a racist? My verse could write itself w/ minimal effort.
Ironic, you hate black people when 40 acres & a mule is your literal net worth..

This is a step down for me. the whole interpretation of 40 acres and a mule is literal regardless of which angle you're looking at here. 7/10

& if you got it out the mud, it was raining up in Mormon country.
So I’ma make sure this hickory tire.. & need new ones for his horse & buggy.

For me, this lacked some kind of x-factor that makes it a true haymaker, but it's still a fresh flip on the amish angle, decent wp, and well executed. 8.5/10

I’m stackin bodies.. another 1 shot kill on my run for the Title.
I put the Mosin-Nagant let, you bleed like ya got hit w/ one of the rifles.

This is another one of those bars that read off like it's a chore to execute properly, but this does clear my wordplay passability test both phonetically and from an execution standpoint. It also gets points for being an original concept. 8/10

Far as punches between us? I’m sick w/ the hands.
Seat backs & tray tables fully upright’s the only time you were in position to land.

I like the general idea but it's more basic than I generally prefer and I think you could've taken a slightly different angle that lands harder. 7/10

On Netcees for 8 years. No personality, pics or signs you’re a human being.
I got a hollow shell w/ “Cashius” written on it like the AI behind ya computer screen.

I'm interpreting this as a wordplay on Cashius/***hes, and I was actually thinking of doing a ***he wordplay not too long ago. If so, this is a cool idea. I would point out that ***he is a small type of computer memory and not exactly the same thing as AI or machine learning, but I don't really expect voters or battlers to need an in-depth understanding of CS concepts for a rap battle. Decent bar and good concept overall, but some technical issues with it hold it back just a bit. If I'm overthinking this and it's just a literal "You're a hollow person equivalent to AI" without the ***he angle, then I'd probably rate this a bit lower, but I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt. 8/10

You been here no-lifing it. Think these rounds got a time limit?
Nerd had a Fight Night w/ the wife.. & wrote 10 lines about it in 5 minutes.

I think the set-up could've been directed a little bit more toward the idea of him and his wife fighting, but overall this is funny/witty. 8/10

You’re a watered-down Bayou, hittin the archives for personals. Power trippin STILL.
We just look right through Cash to see a Blue line, but nothin you counterfeits the bill.

I'm assuming the general idea has been done before, but I thought this was a good approach to the angle and the word/execution was all done well. 8.5/10

ALL you do’s sports references. S’why we know you’re a failure.
Hope we can Canseco vids what did you in while ya jerk off to those in your trailer.

The wordplay is barely scraping by on my passability standards because of the way the name canseco is emphasized and the way covid is. That being said the execution is done well, decent personal, funny. Just not crazy about the wp 8/10

80.5 / 100 => 80.5%

You just randomly pop up fishing for compliments...That’s extra soft, you bitch
If we REALLY wanted you back we would’ve posted a top 10...and left you off the shit

Funny, decent personal. Does a decent job of setting the tone, but it's a bit basic for my personal preference 7.5/10

He’s been screaming “HOF!” ‘til his Throat Sore...but dude can’t fuck w/ his peers
I don’t understand why that Halls so hard to swallow...you’ve been Sucking for YEARS

Eh, I think you could've done more with the cough drop idea. The angle is fresh, but the general swallowing/sucking idea is old as time and I just don't think the end payoff was worth it. 7.5/10

The number of times this nerd raps about guns...It’s too ludacris for me to mention
Call you Inflatable Tubeman. If we see Wavy Arms...he just doing it for the attention

This is cool, no real complaints other than I think you could've extended this idea and done more with it to make it stronger 8/10

Is it date rape or sex w/ a minor?! Either way...that cringe quite unusual
I dunno what drugs Zac Efron...But she’s young enough to binge High School Musical

Not really a fan of the wordplay because there's a missing syllable in the pronunciation of Efron and if I try to picture myself saying "F her on" even in the laziest fashion possible, I don't think it would slur together that naturally. Otherwise, the execution and wording are on point, funny concept with a good personal 7.5/10

You even making a champ match makes me want to straight peel in your face
Faggot, I’m ‘levels above you’...so, it’s only right I have the Tray Ceiling your fate

I would've preferred if you said something other than "Levels" since I don't think that conveys the idea of a tray ceiling well. The wordplay is good, general execution is good apart from that. 8/10

Holy shit did you love the dude...to have him back this bitch would give up a limb
Had to stop voting...cuz every time ‘Beretta’ verse he was WISHING it was by him

Kinda funny. Wordplay is cool, execution is decent though there are things I can nitpick. I do think the general idea of attacking neigh for fanboying someone would be hard to turn into a full-fledged haymaker. 8/10

Nothing but fake gun bars from both, bitch...Even w/ COVID I’m leavin’em wetted
Manhattan and anything NeighborRing ain’t poppin’ off...cuz they can easily Get It

Not much to pick apart, I like this concept and the execution is good 9/10

How’d you get your hair that short, bro?! Regardless...the homey gon’ be gaping
The Attachment put ‘1 to the side of your head’...now your barber ain’t the ONLY one who’s Fading

The concept here is cool but I think the wording and execution takes this up a notch. 9/10

Sex life: Awkward. It always has been...Ya game was just weary to start with
It’s all laughs when Neighbor Slides in an Opening...Like Kramer in Jerry’s apartment

Eh, I appreciate the idea because it's fresh but it just didn't resonate with me. It's not bad, but I feel like the wording here is a bit awkward. 7.5/10

This comeback has been a flop. You better stop it, brother...Try!
‘Ber, please...These Return Keys make us hope you NEVER ‘Drop Another Line’

Won't lie, it took me a second to get this one. I think maybe the wording could've been done better but the overall idea is fresh as fuck. 8.5/10

80.5/100 => 80.5%

This is honestly a tough battle to vote on. I've looked at both verses multiple times and I think they're neck and neck. I'll read through the verses one time and be leaning toward voting for Neigh and read them again and lean toward Cash. I felt like Neighbor was overall more consistent throughout. Not gonna lie, when I first started reading cash's verse I thought neighbor was gonna run away this because cash started off kind of slow for me, but by the end of the verse he had a bunch of strong hits that redeemed himself. I think LOTB was capital one, followed by the neighboring and 1 to the side of your head tied for #2.

I know I nitpick over a lot of little things in bars, but you're both top tier competitors and 2 of my favorite writers here, and it's difficult for me to really discern a winner even when I break down every little detail. At the end of the day, I think this is gonna be a matter of personal style preference which I understand is a very subjective thing. I'm more of a metas person and I'm generally a fan of less is more/quality control when it comes to wordplay. I think they should be used sparingly, and when they are used they should be executed seamlessly. I think cash's style is a little bit more in that direction, and ultimately I think that's where I'm leaning with my vote.

MVGT - Cashius

also if you're wondering what the random word "***hes" is in my vote, netcees censored each time i wrote "c.aches" idk why

Last edited by Answer; 05-08-2020 at 12:53 PM.