Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I predicted the 'twist', for lack of a better word, from seemingly describing the murder of someone else to a battle against mental illness. I'd like to start by saying that your description of the murder taking place was very very impressive. It was vivid, I could see it. You also only said what you needed to, a lot of writers would have continued to beat us over the head with redundant imagery for another 10 lines. I've been guilty of that. As I've aged I've started to appreciate the art of brevity.

I don't think you needed such a pronounced twist. Maybe the topical writer in you couldn't help it or you (subconsciously or otherwise) didn't trust the reader to get there through subtlety. Again, I've been guilty of both. Regardless, your description of mental illness opened up a very real side to you that we would never get from your stories. Only someone who has been fighting against themselves would have been able to write this. Only someone who has lived this, and killed who they used to be, could ever find the words you found. It would be impossible to write this without experiencing it and I'm very sorry you have but I'm very glad you created this. I loved it brother.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote