View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 12:31 PM   #8
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

I find this woman’s hand weird as hell. I hate the shape, all bony, and those false nails only exemplify that horrendous trail for me. They’re completely trashy too, baby pink with some sort of leopard print like that’s ever been a great combination. Yuck. I really hate those hands. Wish I hadn’t seen them. How does the cat just sit there like that, with those hideous tendrils coming through it’s fur? Anyway, horrendous topic, let’s get that out of the way and see what we have here…

Sinacog: I tried my best to accept the whole ‘spider’ thing you had going on. I could sort of see it with those nasty ass fingers being like spindly spider legs I guess at the start, but once we get into the whole “spider was cut in half and turned into a tarantula,” thing you lost me here to be honest. I kept tarantulas as pets, they are spiders, and I’m all for a little poetic licence here and there to bend the rules in favour of the storyline somewhat but I found this plot somewhat difficult to follow in relation to the picture. I tried, I sincerely tried. Believe me. For what it’s worth this was a marked improvement on the usual semen demon religious blue dragon that rears its head frequently, I think perhaps NYC had that base covered this week so it was cool to see you experiment a little and at least introduce some more characters for us to scratch our heads over.

Robranda: I like cats. I have one. It’s great to know you like them too. I find my own cat amazing also, mine is a girl. She is a tortoiseshell and has one eye a different colour to the other. Cool, eh? But enough about me. This is about CATS. I don’t think a great deal more needs to be said here, the shorter lines flowed better than your opponents, gave it more of an implied rhythm when read aloud, it was more directly relatable to the topic at hand and you also grounded it firmly in (your) reality which makes it universally accessible. I’m voting for Robranda here, short and sweet (like a kitten).