View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 06:58 PM   #28
House of Leaves
Banned

House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves
Default 'Nonnegotiable': Advocates push for federal police reform after death of Tyre Nichols

I agree that there absolutely needs to be reform.

Just a quick fact-check first:

“We know that over the past decade — it really started with Trayvon Martin..."

No it did not; this article is about policing. George Zimmerman was not a policeman.

"The majority in both parties agree on using body-worn cameras, creating a database of police officers, banning chokeholds, eliminating no-knock warrants and providing mental health and deescalation training, according to Ray.'

Then GET IT DONE.

Why let the "perfect" be the enemy of the "good"? Body-cameras should absolutely be Federal law. And I'm for the rest of the above list too. But,

Just because you can't get the ultimate cherry of ending qualified immunity ---WHY would you sacrifice all these other important things? [&I can see the other side on ending Q.I.: an abundance of frivilous lawsuits vs. individuals]

So no, Kamala, it's not "non-negotiable". Freakin' negotiate and get it done!...slightly watered down is SO much better than nothing. Am I wrong? @Certain
House of Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote