View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 06:31 PM   #15
House of Leaves
Banned

House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves
Default abortion

Replied toTocsin 12w ago
If she believes herself unfit to raise a child, adoption is an option.

Regarding the standard pro-abortion rebuttals?:

I posit that a life in foster care is objectively "less bad" than a premature death.

Yes, it's 9 months for that mother. But she would be saving a potential life / producing a life....

To me, the issue is complex*. (That's why we're still here - talking about it & the country is debating it]. It's not a simple cut&dry answer as both extremes would make it out to be. That's why length of gestation is very important to me when it comes to my opinion on the matter.

*Your closing sentence IS persuasive. My only answer so far was a mother's selflessness & adoption.

Thanks for getting in the weeds w/ me and not being too extreme or ad hominem.
=====================

Replied toJess 12w ago
I am not religious so your closer is barking up the wrong tree. How is it the “same process”. An unintended (dare I say natural) miscarriage/abortion VS a pill or medical procedure to terminate the pregnancy.

I dare say one is nature/biology and one is a human procedure using medical technology (in most cases).

Can you try and re-iterate your statement and be a little more clear?
House of Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote