View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 06:08 PM   #4
House of Leaves
Banned

House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves
Default Trying to take the "middle ground"? on the Trans Issue - pushing back against a rabid Trans Advocte

Alright, your multiple exclamation points and condescending know-it all tone are enough to make me "care to play"...so let's!:

"Is gender dysphoria a medical condition which needs medical treatment?"

Yes, Mot, why yes it is. According to the vast majority of scientists/psychologists in the field. So you see, I hope my answer isn't part of the "problem"..., but I'll add a qualifier:

AGE is an important "sliding scale" to consider... I'm sure you'd take any 4-5 year old's word that they are the wrong gender or in the wrong body (and there ARE documented cases of the very young knowing this early)...However!!!...There are also many cases of young children claiming wholeheartedly that they are Barbie...perhaps T-Rex, etc. I'm not trying to de-ligitimize gender dysphoria or trans with that admittedly simple analogy...I'm simply pointing out that very young children might just be a little whimsical, unsettled, highly influenced by peers or media trends, etc...setting a young child "on the course" of puberty blockers in a few years, and after that possible surgery/transitioning at 18 (or younger) should NOT be taken lightly. (This is why there is still debate - people talking/arguing about it).

YES, there are many bigots out there (yes, often religious) People like you, Mot, often can't discern between blind hatred/bigotry VS. legitimate concerns about Women/Feminism/ young kids

Stay out of women's spaces: SPORTS / beauty pageants.

Stop meddling with Title IX.

-signed,

a "lefty" athiest~
House of Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote