View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 09:42 AM   #83
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future
Default IMPORTANT 2016 PM to Jesodist - CRITICAL ADVERB vs. ADJECTIVE feedback for SPANISH SPEAKERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army
When I was talking about our craft, I was a bit too simplistic when I suggested that you don't have to diversify.
As a matter of fact, that's something I've seen you improve on.. I.e. that verse which mixed in the Xavier story was so sick that it started my cypher tirade with you. I felt like I had to match your levels.
So, continue mixing it up with narratives to go along with the vicious, etc.

I've mocked you before, but most of my own grammatical imperfections were intentional because it is a tactic I use for real.
"Be a Nightmares"
"Provide me with a mild Topics"

Those are the only ways to fit it. Singular & Plural simultaneously was the only way for the syllables, when I used those lines.

"lyrics what sizzle my circuitry"
the word "that" doesn't fit right. off the tongue.
so i used what.

The only one I was teasing you on was the merely petal. I think I used mere in a bunch of verses, to joke around.
-------------------------------------------------------
You already know what I'm about to tell you, I'm sure you've been doing this stuff for years. (but I realize in English there are so many rules&Exceptions (it's a clusterf***))

Basically,
in MOST CASES, the adverb describes an "action", and would be +ly.. the adjective describes a "thing", and does not have the +ly.

So:
with a lazily slouch
The slouch is the the "thing"; adjective is Lazy.

if you had said as you lazily slouch
That is an action. I am lazily slouching. So the "ly" is tacked on the end; adverb is Lazily.
---------------------------------------

Let's take an example from one of my lines in my last cypher.
...break down your rhymes,structurally

It is an action of breaking down rhymes (in a structural way). So structural + ly = adverb.
BUT
Let's say for example the line was slightly different, and instead described a thing:
...break down your rhyme structure
These are small changes, but the meaning changes tremendously.
rhyme structure is now the "thing" (noun). And I'm breaking it down.
Instead of rhymes being the thing. And me breaking them down in a structural manner.

It is very nuanced. Sometimes I hate English.
AND YOU VERY WELL COULD HAVE DONE SOME OF IT ON PURPOSE-- I'M NOT SURE, BUT JUST TRYING TO GIVE MY 2 CENTS FOR YOU.

The important thing to remember, if you're unsure..identify the noun and the verb in a line.
They both can be more than 1word. Maybe even a phrase.
Is there an [action phrase] being done to this [thing]? (adv)
Or am I describing this [thing]? (adj)
-----------------------------------------
The irony of this message to you is I'm sitting on my couch as I type it!

These were just a couple of examples. It gets messy. with Transitives and other rules I don't even know. But I hope I told you something that helped you.

You have vanquished the pharaoh. The rest of the website would never have done it without you. Heheh
Carry on, brother.

================================================== =====
PRIOR PM lol [almost deleted these gems on a full mailbox!!]:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army
I obviously was doing this too often. (the netcees)

Even tonight I had lines from both you and myself in my head.

Earlier in the month when I was crazy, I could have told you by memory some of your lines I was enjoying.
Now my mind is emptying.

The only one that I think of recently is
I come out of evefy Single Match without bearing a Simple Scratch.
It's a cool concept.
But again, it's the wording and the rhyme that sizzles my brain.
It's simple & genius at the same time.

If I remember correctly, when we were both cyphering a bunch.. My two favorite verses of yours were the 2 preceding when I came back on my pharaohs name. I think that was 6/19 so it'd be the 2 directly before my 6/19 verse.

Those 2 verses of yours were awesome.
-----------------------------------------------
Looking back, you yourself even told me that "not everything was about me".
Sometimes I was a mental patient dude. I didn't always heed those words.

And it extended beyond your lines. As you can see, I was thinking a lot of lines&words from Other ppl were also about me. In some cases they were. Lol. In some cases not.
------------------------------------------------
One time you started a cypher "What you should have made..."
This absolutely challenged my ego, and I began my writing tirades in a vortex. lmao.
------------------------------------------------
Smart:
One time after I posted an un-edited crazy OM BIG BABY POST,
where emcee was talking smack to both you and pharaohs...
Shortly after this one of your cyphers referenced something about when your angelic voice whispers my name
(don't remember the exact wording)
Whether it was about me or not, it was a genius line. Lol. You knew, long before the rest of the website here, that I must be dealt with counter-intuitively.
Instead of being offended, or lashing back or going into Gore mode to entomb, you made a satirical line about how it was all complementary.

You should continue using these clever tactics if you ever meet a sparring partner of my talents (which you won't).

My hiatus hasn't started yet (STILL), but going on a vacation tomorrow so I will be forced to start the hiatus.

My "obsessions" with certain kinds of writings are based in semantics and phraseology and tactics.

I've always found the work of you and the Master @UnbornBuddha and @Vulgar intriguing.
I don't think this is an accident. I think it's because I'm well-trained in the english language. You 3 bring something special, which I don't think single-language people offer to my brain.

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 04-30-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote