View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 12:07 AM   #2
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

When writing this many lines there is just bound to be recycling and crossover. I never intentionally copy. Whether you believe me or not, the two things I mentioned about @Saint’s verse on the battle thread were already written before I saw his verse. Same thing with the “GPS” line: written before I saw it in Ajax’s verse.
YES there are QUOTES from famous rappers AND netcee rappers in this. I KNOW for a fact someone in history must have used “windex cleaner” on Blue Bayou. And maybe me seeing it years ago stuck in my mind. But it just seemed so obvious and by this point generic to me that I "cheated" & threw it in there. ..I THINK Universe has used a Saturn line this year, but can’t be sure. The intent wasn’t to copy him, it’s a play on the rap group Outerspace, and Saturn just happens to be the planet for the best rhymes.
There are definitely others in there too, where I may have read something in over the last 8 years and it stuck in my head and I repackaged it OR it’s just so obvious and generic that it’s been done multiple times.
Anyway, this just poured out of me. and yeah, even I am shocked at the arrogance and ego, but that’s what you need with aggressive lyrics even if they’re over the top/ satirey.

Edit: “rather burn out than fade away” is another concept I SUSPECT I’ve seen someone use on Blue Bayou before. If not then I’m lucky- but, if so, feel free to step forward and link your verse and claim the credit (thanks in advance - good concept). And hey, maybe after this I will burn out. Lol

2nd Edit:
lol @symetrik just found this from 2020:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
I'll Bury you under Earth you'll be Carried away by Worms
3rd Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Muffin View Post
Child please
See... this also from 2020... But it was a comment, not a verse... In fairness I was a Chad Johnson fan when he was very productive and before his act got tired...so I always enjoyed the phrase...

4th Edit:
-I realize the corny "4/5th" bar is nonsensical. There was one also back in the day as well.

- "Probably". was used twice.. - Title of a dead man OM piece:
www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=139213

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 02-16-2023 at 10:38 PM.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote