View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 02:29 AM   #1
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future
Default Your thoughts on Quantum Mechanics, quantum computing, or AI

Found myself in a bit of an internet information wormhole tonight...
Simply by reading an article about AI...(Microsoft's $10 Billion investment/acquisiton)

The article about AI mentioned "quantum computing"...

Which lead me to the basics of quantum mechanics...

And the question of: does quantum mechanics violate the laws of logic?

I was exposed briefly in College to QM nearly 20 years ago, but it was right around the time I was transitioning from student to stoner....

The stuff is interesting to me but my internet wormhole got me DEEP IN THE WEEDS of vocabulary and math. I am above average in those things, but it was still a little too much for my 2 AM brain. I've closed the browsing windows now...

In super layman terms:
If particle X COULD be here, OR it COULD be there....quantum mechanics treats it as being in BOTH places...for the purposes of...well, the whole thing, I guess... Fuck it!?

So it's kind of like a probability cloud?

I'm familiar with the "light-slit" experiment...it doesn't make QM any easier to understand IMO.

I'm asking, not telling. Feel free to comment, particularly if you've studied QM

Here's your research music as you read:
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote