Old 12-27-2022, 06:26 PM   #12
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Universe:
This was a super characteristic piece for you (not a bad thing at all) again there wasn’t any mystique to this one, like last week I knew what you were talking about from the very beginning and also something you wrote an extensive 400 line open mic about already, I liked that you took this from Gigi’s perspective though this time, that switch of perspective made it all feel fresh. Imagery was on point and this dream like haze enveloped the whole entire piece, like a flashback scene in a movie, it was cool that you were able to convey that as a writer. Story was pretty standard and like I said we all know how it ended before we got there, and honestly while the continuous rhyme scheme was impressive it made me a little exhausted throughout but this was still a good piece so kudos.

Frank:
This felt really weak on your end brotha. I know it’s the holidays/you’re running the league but this was just not as engaging as your usual stuff, the rhyme scheme is still impressive but I didn’t like the way it was formatted personally, it felt very choppy to me. And it was just boring to me, you took the same route as Universe where you were telling us a story we already knew the end to, but instead of switching up the perspective and making it fresh it was just from the same perspective we’ve always seen it, so it was the same story we’ve all heard, it just rhymed a bit. I know you’re one of the best to ever do it and you had some impressive stuff last season but this wasn’t great and I don’t think this topic helped you any.

Universe was just stronger in all categories imo so I got him here

V/Uni