Old 08-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #51
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Idk, I would be in your shoes. I’ve given out a number of super extensions for the sake of having a battle go ahead this season. Would have likely meant more feedback for your verse, get to see what another guy did with the topic, #fortheculture, etc. My comment about you likely winning but I’ll forfeit anyway was honestly just being polite and trying to do the right thing because I know you care about winning/losing, and I don’t. I’m here for funsies and to improve as a writer. Part of that is figuring out when to pull the trigger on an idea and just start writing it with enough time left in the week to finish the verse given that the pace I’m able to write at seems to be highly variable. I’ve been hit and miss with that all season. This week, miss. I’m sorry it’s that deep to you. Good luck in the champ match.
Buckle in.

Your time is not more valuable than mine. Your 'inspiration windows' are irrelevant to everyone except yourself and sound like excuses. I'm busy too but I NEVER miss a deadline... I find a way and sacrifice to get there because I love WRITING, in any form and I respect those that do it too and like to compete.

Dom, buddy old pal... You don't get to say sorry if it's that "deep" to me and throw your little going away jab under the veil of this nice guy image you've created for yourself because guess what, "funsies" remarks aside, it's that deep to everyone, including you... whether you admit it or not. And if it truly isn't... wtf are you doing here? Go surf or something... Because you see, someone beating me in this is OUTWRITING me, and I take that personally. Just like if I come runner up in a screenplay contest - Someone OUTWROTE me and I take it personally because as I've said before... I LOVE THIS SHIT. And that means writing in all forms.

If you would've said, "Hey Uni I got something cooking here just need a few extra hours", I would've been all for it because I'm a fan of your writing... and I LOVE when I feel that fire from someone. I extended that very courtesy to NYC because, even though his car wreck elicited sympathy, he gave me the vibe that he had something special on his hands so I wanted to see it. And he wrote his ass off because he respected me enough to know he had to. Your "politeness" gave me the vibe that you don't give enough of a fuck to respect me and bring your best effort... which, guess what, I did for you out of respect. Because you're THAT good.

So yeah, I'll take the W... and yeah I'll go out on a limb and say the result would've been the same whether you posted or not... because I believe that. You're not beating what I did in any universe, this, parallel or whatever and if you believe otherwise fucking GO IN next time and prove it.

Or... stick to your 10-12 lines a week where you're comfy with your funsies.

Thanks.