View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 12:40 PM   #8
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Master Rock: I like the concept of brainstorm being an actual storm residing inside while also bringing a stream of consciousness into the mix. Even tho in some areas I feel it's not as polished it's still abstract and sticking to the topic in an interesting way. Some things I like more than others, like scribing messages in bottles and watching the oceans rise. I like thought of dropping something out there and then seeing it take on a different form of its own. Don't know if it's intentional or not, but I like writing that makes me think and creates an image of its own. The closure from "The ideas creep in" and to the end was cool, the speaking to yourself despite saying earlier you're reaching out. I feel like this piece captivates the topic.

Brokenhal0: Tbf I don't really get where you're taking me with the first stanza. You meanmugging some rude lesbians at a shopping center. My guess is you're taking the topic literally and blurt out whatever story you can think of, hope it's leading somewhere substantial though. Definitely a wild story with the tranquilizer stuff, sounds like a fever dream. As I keep reading about the mad scientist and your character being able to read minds it's definitely "brainstorm" taken literally. "shoot him in the leg like a wounded giraffe" makes not that much sense to me but I digress.

Vote: My vote goes to Master Rock.

Brokenhal0 went a pretty wild route this time around. The story is entertaining but didn't really evoke much emotion in me. He took the topic literally and just went with a story to captivate the atmosphere of a brainstorming session. Master Rock added a bit more emotion to his piece and I cared more about the character in his piece.

If Brokenhal0's story lead to something more substantial and deep rooted rather than just saying something and going with it like a wild dream I'd probably vote for him as his rhymeschemes and overall writing were more on point to me, but as it stands now it's a bit too over the place for me whereas Master Rock had a bit more depth to his piece and ends up getting my vote.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o