View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #6
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Halo’s was pretty much a topical fanfiction of the cult movie scanners which I did actually enjoy, so I enjoyed the verse. Thought there were some original twists and whatnot but you’re deducted points for going too close to the movie imo. However I can’t lie I enjoyed the verse

Rock was a cool verse man, I enjoyed your take more from a topical perspective. You get pretty meta here and I was digging following the clues and letting my mind explore your realm. The one thing I’ll say is there was some clumsy execution of bars like “abstraction’s fate it collides paradox”. There were a few instances of other irregularities but you needed a comma after collides to make it work otherwise you’d need an adverb. Like, collided extravagantly, or something.

Either way I liked elements of both but I’ll give it to halo for cleaner execution. You got lucky cuz I like the movie scanners, a more well executed version of master rock’s would have garnered my vote

Vote - halo