View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #4
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Week 3

Blue 3 V Des 2

(sharp b- seth b- user b- ajax d)

ajax -

13 drops. Dope. I’m starting to see a trend... folks are getting into the format of the league. This is what you need... every battle with 10+ rebuttals.

Going into this, I would have assumed Blue was a clear favorite. But, Des surprised me. Either way, solid stuff from both sides. I will say that each had some big misses too that I didn’t see coming. Blues closer. Des going after his lady’s thighs (we’ve seen her.. and she’s hot. No reason to try that angle.)

But, there also some really witty stuff from each. And overall, this was entertaining.

I’m gonna go with the upset here. Des took it, barely. But good stuff from both sides. Cheers.

user -

These guys kinda went back and forth with a great line and a bad line sandwiched together for their 4 line tradeoffs, especially the first few exchanges. What tipped me in blues favor was Des’ terrible wordplay jokes. I understand they’re probably/maybe supposed to be ironic and clowning Blues wp he loves from time to time and probably/maybe supposed to be a diss within themself, but they just landed corny and flat as fuck. They both were very responsive so I have no negatives there, but as far as who flipped/rebuttaled the best, I just genuinely think Blues lines were better overall in the exchange.

V - Blue

Sharp -

Pretty good battle throughout but it seemed like blue won tactically. Felt like for every solid flip Des had, blue flipped it better back to him and 'won' the exchange. Fan service, retire, etc (though Des retiring you flip was just as good). Des was good about rebuttals but blue's were just better

V/blue

seth -

More consistent hits, a little more creative. Des was good but dropped the ball once or twice which Blue was too on it to let slide

User 4 V Inf 0

(ajax u- adverse u- hush u- sharp u)

Hush -

User got it . He was running circles around so and his last post summed it up perfect

adverse -

Let me start by saying I am flattered by all the name plays on Adverse User and Inf did throughout.
I think Inf had somewhat the same problem I had last week vs User, lack of angles but I think that was deliberate so he could bring up the attacking angles/massive cankles bar which I enjoyed. Inf had some good bars but I think User had the better flips here throughout, Inf had a better attempt than last week though, but I just think he was too one dimensional. User kept it fresh in my opinion so I’d get him the W
V/User

ajax -

Solid battle. Very close. Both had solid, concise wording... and the rebuttal side was essentially even.

I think User slightly edged it with his punches... Inf (again) relied too much on fat punches, even after he said he wouldn’t... and User did a good job calling him out on it.. and I think User’s bar about having to read Inf’s lines first was the bar of the battle.

User takes it.

sharp -

User's meta closer was probably the highlight for me. Thought infs Adverse reactions was dope, but the adipose was classic inf (let me Google that word I guess) and while user went at that angle, he could've done more. The microwave into therapy exchange was good too, but user just barely squeaked that one out.

V/user

Dave 3 V Seth 1

(adverse se- ajax d- hush d- user d)

Hush -

Dave won he’s the most dangerous guy in this . Botw

user -

Mucho props to Seth for actually rhyming more. It’s nice when people listen to critique. Although butthole and fuck bulls only rhyme if Dave says them in his accent. Underwater. Still, loved a few of seths back and forths, the Quimby/Cruz/Simpson the exchange was fun, and then Dave said

I don’t think that ur her type and you won’t find a hotter bitch
But if you sucked cream out her anus it came from me and not the fridge

And my entire head went back and my ears touched my shoulder blades as I ***kled like a fucking Grimms fairy tale witch.

Seth tried to come back with the GoT reference and then Dave hit him in the dick again with the carb horn line. Really it felt like anytime Seth queued up a good burn/flip Dave was waiting in the parking lot for it with a crowbar and a crazy look on his face. There was no digging out of that hole as the battle tapered off after that.

V - Dave

adverse -

Son of a bitch the exchanges in this Dave and Seth battle are pound for pound dope. I mean each time you thought one guy was pulling ahead the other retorted and turned the tables. I think if I had to lean one way I’d lean towards Seth he just got the better of a few exchanges including the horn piece. Thought he was clever with the stretch out and fridge lines too. Dave had some really dope stuff as well but I just think Seth made a few more exchanges work to his benefit so I’ll roll with him
V/Seth

ajax -

Dope battle. Both guys seemed genuinely into the battle.. responded quickly.. Good stuff.

Rusty did a good job trimming his bars on the wording side, which has been a problem for him in weeks past. Dave had really on point wording too, with a good focus on intra-bar multi’s. Both did well on this front.

Wit wise, I think they were about equal, and both were good. (Both also had a couple low points... Cruz.. the back and forth about horns and buttholes. Etc)

But, Dave’s “still stretched” line was really on point. Rusty’s rebuttal was perfectly done.

All in all, this was entertaining. Props to both. I think evaD pulled it out, slightly. He wins.

Frac 3 V Hush 1

(sharp h- user fr- ajax f- adverse fr)

user -

Frac by the narrowest of margins. It boiled down to better quality of the flips for me, and while these guys both knew what they were doing, it leaned in fracs favor the more they kept going. Hush had frac early but frac gained steam after hush’s first solo bar, the sex crime one. And kept it up. Dope match though and I could absolutely see this going either way.

V - frac

adverse -

Hush and Frac was another dope battle definitely contender for BOTW and though these guys both had some haymakers and had some good flips (including Hush’s opening flip and also he probably had BOTB with the “you keep bringing up my wife when your wife ain’t bringing up your daughter” that was flames but I thought Frac brought more consistency throughout he had some nice flips and just overall stronger bars Hush got a little one dimensional with the daughter stuff
V/Frac

sharp -

Hush's second post was the easy highlight and won him the battle imo. I thought fracs plug bar was going to be lotb but Hush answered back so well. After that things dipped down with a few highlights amid really predictable shit (hand jobs... Sex traffic... We can see the punch coming yeah) but Hush's bringing up the wife bar was mean. Didn't like the closer since it reminded me of Blue's father figure bar he used against Hush last year and blue's was way better.

V/Hush

ajax -

Last battle. Another 12 drops.... definitely felt the anger here.. both guys were engaged. Good to see.

Both guys were equal on the rebuttal aspect, IMO. Wording wise they were each solid too. Wit wise, I think Frac was slightly better. It was close, but he had a noticeable edge.

He wins.

dull 3 v bleak 2

(seth b- ajax du- user du- sharp b- adverse du)

user -

Bleak is not too keen on doing the rebuttal concept it seems. He started off mentioning dulls lines vaguely, almost throwing glancing blows and never actually flipping them. Not well, at least. Still, maybe a little more practice will help.

V - dull, easily

ajax -

Dope battle. Both had really solid wording, concise punches... and quick responses. Lots of obscure references that I happened to like. I knew this would be fun to read when Dull dropped a multi-bar Greedo punch that seamlessly worked in the Kool Aid Man and Wu Tang Clan out the gate. (I have a feeling he was sitting on that shot first concept since the day he created this league, but it’s cool. It still worked really well.)

I’ve never heard of bleak, but he was a breath of fresh air. Flow was perfectly done throughout.. Would have worked perfectly over a beat. His punches weren’t super complex, but sometimes simplicity works well. And I thought it did for him here. His sledgehammer/headmaster bar was solid... so was the rundown reference. Overall, a cool succinct style that stands out against the over worded style that’s become popular on NC.

That said, I thought Dull topped him here. He obviously had a focus on wording as well, with a specific emphasis on intra-bar multi’s... socially distanced/Covid restrictions.. greedo/steezo, etc. You could tell that Dull was focused on every syllable, and that matters IMO. (Although, I will say that there were a couple slight head scratchers with Dull’s end rhymes not quite matching up.... and “pickle” / “pic’ll” is a really unfortunate wordplay that I wish didn’t happen)..

All in all, I think it was relatively equal in terms of wording/flow.. Dull was slightly better in playing off Bleak’s drops.. and slightly better wit-wise. But, both were dope. This was a fun one to read. One of the better battles in the league thus far.

Dull wins.

adverse -

Dull and bleak was easy to call. Bleak has bars but I don’t know if he’s ever competed in a format like this. His bars weren’t really about flipping they were more statements. And even when he did flip it wasn’t super effective (I.e the mr freeze bar) Dull had some funny retorts also liked the funko pop line funny shit. He gets my vote here
V/Dull

sharp -

Multis maltese mull teas mall tease... At first it was 'oh these guys both have so flow' but by the end it was 'ouch my English'. I really fucked with the Texas winter/space heater exchange but did not get the social distance exchange at all. That was kind of the story of this battle for me. I'd get a bar right away and it'd be dope, then I'd have to reread the next 3 times... Sometimes happening concurrently. The pickle/rundown exchange was pretty nice and highlighted what I liked the most about this battle. I thought bleak was more consistent but dull had harder hits. Would love to call it a tie, but I'm not a pussy, so I did some math and bleak edges it with the undertaker bar.

I think

V/bleak

seth -

Iono. I got bleak but it’s close. He had more traditional battle concepts. The only bar I’d quote in a regular battle was his Texas winter opener. If he didn’t have that I’d have you off just better technical writing.
Those two you had with the rundown mood and stiff ina. Morgue were cool though

adverse 4 v amen 0

(hush ad- seth ad- ajax ad- sharp ad)

hush -

Adverse did amen foul he won

ajax -

Interesting battle. different styles. Amen did a great job with internal rhymes, but was REALLY bad on wording overall (20+ syllable lines back to back don’t work, ever...). Adverse focused less on internal rhymes, but was significantly better on overall wording.

Wit-wise, I think they were about even. Adverse had some solid personal punches (from discord). Amen had some cool ideas. Neither was next level, but both were solid enough.

Rebuttal wise, they were also even, IMO. It was entertaining to see both going after each other.

I think the ultimate decision came down to wording. Adverse was just much better on that front. Amen was dropping unspittable lines throughout. If they could be spit, they’d be twice as long as the bar limit. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t work.

Adverse was more concise.. and with the wit being equal, that took it. He wins.

sharp -

Started pretty strong but peaked early. Ad's testosterone shots was answered pretty well by amen, but Adverse turning it into his own stomach curl flip was solid. After this amen got weird. Either too wordy or too easy a concept. His easy bars were predictable but hit (mile in his shoes) but wording killed some later ones (Ted bundy). Adverse won it for me by getting aggressive about his weird flips with 'get it straight' - easily the line of the battle. I chuckled. Out loud.

V/Adverse

seth -

Adverse beat Andy jfc
Bars had stretched and no real concepts tbh
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote