Thread: PLAYOFFS CHAT
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #87
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Smh @ only one actual battle.

Dave vs Objective is a crappy outcome either way. Dave didn't check in until after the deadline and posted his verse late. Both of those are DQ'able offenses, unless he had asked for an extension, but it isn't clear he did.

Objective posted a no-show verse assuming there would be no opponent. But it also seems like you didn't write at all and didn't check up on the battle. Not illegal but probably bad form. I get it. We've seen many disqualifications for rule violations so it would seem fair to assume Dave would get the boot. But the league also has automatic extensions, so it isn't really a safe bet. If Dave got the ext in time, that means his verse counts and it should go to votes. Ext should count as a check in, but I didn't see it in thread until after deadline.

There's only one open battle otherwise, so my vote would be for giving Objective a brief extension and enforcing a matching line limit to match Dave's verse. It shouldn't slow things down that much and its better than a double DQ or giving the win to an illegally posted verse (if there was no ext request).