View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #86
Coop

Battle Record: 3-6

Coop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Pros wearing a mask: potentially saving lives and/or our own. Do you know if you got any underlying issues?
Cons not wearing one: potentially dying or someone else, and maybe suffer not too much of a mental impact from using one.
I hear you, but let’s strive to be accurate. An objective comparison of Pros and cons in this example should be “pros of wearing a mask, vs cons of wearing a mask”, not “pros of wearing a mask, vs cons of NOT wearing”, which argues the same point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post

What I do know is that most people does whatever they can do the best of their ability. And we can only do the best we can out of our ability. And right now the best WE can do as civs is wearing a mask until they say it's safe not to, because being wrong about this is too serious to gamble on.

Wear a mask... It costs next to nothing, can be washed and you'll get away with crime a little bit easier. If it didn't matter, oh well, at least we can say we did the smallest amount of effort. No..?
Bold mentality to me represents forfeiting the ability to draw your own conclusions. This is a situation that does not require extensive schooling to understand. To simply “let’s just trust the experts” and do NO RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN is lazy to me. It changes over to irresponsible and dangerous when there are several signs that the very experts one claims to trust, COME OUT AND SAY THE GENERAL MEDICAL OPINION GIVEN IS WRONG.

This is when I believe it’s imperative to do your own deep dive.

And to answer you specifically about the mask, the average mask your average citizen wears everyday isn’t sterilized, isn’t fitted properly, is constantly touched and refitted with germs from your hands, and some people wear them longer than recommended, which is literally a health hazard from reinhaling toxins your body is expelling. Look up mask mouth as well.

Again, idc about the mask as much, but there are signs that point to detrimental effects, and the reasoning behind wearing masks in the first place, asymptomatic spread, hasn’t been scientifically proven yet.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote