View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 08:18 PM   #85
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

He was old, probably underlying issues as well... A 30 year old guy died in Sweden not too long ago out of seemingly nowhere. One day he was getting better, then he never woke up. That's the gravity of the situation we're dealing with. We'll get through it for sure, and I don't think there's cause for concern in general but we should always weigh the pros and cons of a given situation.

Pros wearing a mask and using antibac: potentially saving lives and/or our own. Do you know if you got any underlying issues?
Cons not wearing one: potentially dying or someone else, and maybe suffer not too much of a mental impact from using one.

As long as there is a chance info about covid and wearing masks is right (even if you don't believe it) there's still a good reason to use a mask in case you and them are wrong.

My mother knows a guy that research covid on his spare time in addition to being employed for it. Due to that he has access to a lab. Either way I do whatever the gov thinks is best cus it's a collective effort to fight this. I trust whatever he and my mother is saying more than news sources. I believe medical journals etc. Still follow whatever is recommended to do the best I can.
Yes, there's tons of stuff that do go wrong when dealing with things of this magnitude. Not only is the whole world in distress but as humans we're not built for this kind of compact societies, evolution can't keep up. Organising sucks everywhere, I didn't realize how terribly ran Norway was until I got an in at a tech firm and saw how official corporations are ran from the inside, stories from colleagues and other people I got to know. Same goes for the police, how fucked up they run things, it is just a lot more visible with them when it goes wrong cus they deal directly with the public. Social services suck everywhere, Norway has one of best social services in the world but they're not without holes and bureaucracy negatively affecting people either. That the same happens right now in terms of vaccines/covid that is still under research, none the less, isn't strange, but we can make the best out of it and do our best with minimal effort to reduce worst case scenarios, like wearing masks and taking the vaccine so we can continue the fight.
It's important that people won't get sued for their findings as that would halt the whole thing drastically, we need everything possible right now and learn from past mistakes. Dividing how we go about it, even if it should be wrong, invites further chaos into an already chaotic situation.

Another thing, this strain of covid is still rather new and may mutate, we don't know... And there will be different findings here and there, politics play a role how different countries, regions, areas etc are handling it. Focus on what the gov is saying about your area and follow that. I do the same in terms of Norway.

What I do know is that most people does whatever they can to the best of their ability. And we can only do the best we can out of our ability. And right now the best WE can do as civs is wearing a mask until they say it's safe not to, because being wrong about this is too serious to gamble on.

Wear a mask... It costs next to nothing, can be washed and you'll get away with crime a little bit easier. If it didn't matter, oh well, at least we can say we did a lil bit of effort that isn't really hindering anything else in our daily lives. No..?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 01-14-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote