View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 11:26 AM   #64
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
its been pretty hot, gonna be 93 today and tomorrow smh.

i think i've diagnosed a couple problems. im running tap water in the humidifier, i read that the calcium in tap water gets vaped and airborne as well, and can clog the carbon filter, which makes sense, cuz i've had the shit running since last saturday and at full blast, the air coming out of the duct is fairly slow. when i first fired it up it was blowing pretty good out the duct

the other problem is im just ducting the air into the same room. i don't want to run the duct out the window, so i've been looking at ways to maybe put in one of them little window fans that are short and have like 2-3 fans, and maybe just taping the end of the duct to one of them to blow it outside. my only concern there is i don't know how much stink the carbon filter is actually gonna kill. and the window is right above my back door which is where the parking lot for the 3 apartment/town houses are that im at, and where the landlord comes to drop off the water bill lol.

i thought about getting more duct, and running it from that room into this room where the AC is at, but i'll probably need another duct fan cuz im like i dunno 20-30 feet and a couple bends from my tent.

right now i got the humidifier off. it stays around 45-50% RH, but i wanted it closer to 70 during veg. since im in coco tho and i can't really over water im thinking if i keep the top soil nice and moist that should at least help where the humidity isnt? pseudo science i made up.

im also home during the weekend and when i open it up and peek in on them i can get the temp to drop just from opening it. im just worried about the work weeks, i come home and shits been like 81-85 all day. the plants seem fine, working on their second set of leaves, i mean they just broke through the surface tuesday.

long ass post my bad i got no one to talk to about this lol. i also thought maybe i can put the drivers for the light outside the tent, but i need pot stands/elevators. as low as i can put my light is like 26'' from the tops of them. its recommended 24 for my light so they might be stretching a bit already. but putting the drivers out i'd have to raise my light like another 10'' to reach. right now i got them ziptied up in the corner so theyre away from everything but im not sure how much they're adding to the heat

i shouldve just done this in the winter, and not literally at the hottest time of year. but i gotta figure it out one way or the other since im gonna be trying to have something going year round, only down time will be when i harvest and am drying in the tent since i can control the enviornment in there. so once cut down, 7-10 days or so before i'll be sprouting the next batch
I don’t know shit about that tap water calcium shit with the humidifier I say k.i.s.s. in response tho. Also look to replace humidifier with evaporative cooler.

Can you run your light at night? 8 hours off could be during hottest part of day?

Can you install fake door to replace door in room that tent is in and put holes in it to exhaust/intake?

Last edited by the Munster; 07-18-2020 at 11:34 AM.
the Munster is offline   Reply With Quote