View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 11:57 PM   #8
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Artifice - hard for my read-through to stay on a flow, which I am heavily biased towards :P some janky vocab intermixed within an otherwise solid lexicon, so that threw me as well. I think it did a good job tying to the topic, albeit a bit too abstractly. decent piece.

Scar - didn't connect to the topic. loved the first piece ("sonnet"), it was simple, elegant, and set an absolutely great scene, couldn't stay on the "limerick" due to the falling off of anapest. wish they connected better, or that the simplicity and flow of the first half was kept for the second.

scar's first half elicited far greater emotional connectivity, but I'm not seeing a connection to the topic, so that edges it to Artifice for me. if the limerick had connected to the first half and been on flow's point, it wouldn't have had to connect to the topic to edge this back to scar.

mvgt - Artifice